Book A Test Ride In An Edix Treeless Saddle
We have a limited number of our base models Edix Treeless Saddles to try before you buy. We provide them fully mounted for you to test ride on your horse. We charge a $100 fee to cover wear and tear, which is waived if you decide to buy a new saddle from us at the point of returning the demo saddle.
The demo saddles come with everything you need to ride in including a Treeless Saddle Pad, Stirrup Leathers or Fenders, Stirrups, and accessories. We usually stick to the quick change pommel models to send out for test rides (also our most popular) as they are lighter, as well as fit in a smaller box to save on courier costs.
If you are interested in an Edix saddle, and we don't have it in stock, or it is one of our less popular models, you will likely need to order it to buy it from us, with expected delivery timeframes being between 4-8 weeks, which we will inform you about upfront, upon the point of sale.
A security deposit of 50% of the total cost of the fully mounted saddle package is always required, which then either becomes the deposit for your new saddle or is reimbursed upon the safe return of the saddle set minus the $100 demo fee, which we waive if you choose to buy a saddle from us at the end of the demo.
If you have any questions or want to chat about the options, please get in touch either via email or through our messenger facility on our Facebook page
We ask that all customers read our Demo Terms below before booking a test ride.
PLEASE FILL IN THE FORM BELOW TO ENQUIRE ABOUT A TEST RIDE
PLEASE FILL IN THE FORM BELOW TO ENQUIRE ABOUT A TEST RIDE
SADDLE DEMO TERMS
In order to protect our demo saddles and the accessories sent out to users, we ask all users to sign a contract to agree to loan our demo saddle packages under the following terms:
1) DEPOSIT-A 50% security deposit is taken of the value of the total items set out for you to try. These funds will be held as security against the saddle package until it is returned, with nil damage. Normal wear is expected. We will ask you to confirm by email or messenger to agree to these terms.
2) YOUR RESPONSIBILITY: You are responsible for the saddle until it is returned safely. You are liable for postage both ways with outward shipping to you being confirmed prior to us sending it to you. We require you to keep it clean and in good order, and require it to be used on top of a clean towel on your horse to minimise dirt and hairs. It is important that you assume full responsibility for the saddle and the accessory's condition & safekeeping during the trial period. Experience has shown that damage to saddles usually occurs when they are transported in a car. If you do need to transport the demo saddle package, please do so using the box it came to you in.
3) USAGE TIME AND LATE FEES/NON RETURN CONSEQUENCES: The length of the trial is 5 days from when you receive the saddle package. Whilst 99% of people who use our demo saddles are excellent and return them on time and in good clean condition, unfortunately, due to the 1% who have spoiled it for others in the past, by either returning saddles and the other items sent late, dirty or not at all, we have had to get tough and now will not hesitate to charge late fees, and non-returns fees in order to protect our investments in our demo saddles. So, please be aware that if the saddle is not returned on time, which we require proof of you returning it by a tracked and insured courier service within 5 days at the latest of you receiving it, we will charge you a late fee of $100 per day for every 24 hours it is not returned to a maximum of 5 days, which will be deducted from your security deposit. If the saddle set is not sent back to us after a maximum of 5 overdue days, then we will instruct debt collectors to remove goods to the value of the saddle package from your premises and apply for a charging order to be added to your employer and/or business for your wages/earnings through the courts in order to recover all of our costs and our loss of use, including all associated fees with the saddle package you have loaned from us.
4) SHIPPING FEES: We keep postage costs to an absolute minimum and only charge what we get charged by our Couriers. These delivery charges are dependent on your location and both inward and outward shipping will be quoted at the time of your booking. We ask that you drop off the saddle at your local post shop when you return it. A demo fee will be deducted from your refund once the demo saddle has been returned as per the conditions stipulated above. If you decide to keep and buy the demo saddle then the demo fee ($100) is waived.
5) CLEANING FEES: Saddles and all accessories must be returned in the same condition as they were received: clean and hair-free. If the saddle or accessories are returned with excessive wear and tear including scratches and dents to the leather or excessive marking on girth straps or flaps and/or stirrups, an appropriate portion of your security deposit will be retained to cover this damage. If the saddle and/or accessories are returned dirty, a cleaning fee of $75 will be deducted from your refund to cover our time and the materials used to return the saddle back to a clean state for the next user.
6)-REIMBURSEMENT OF DEPOSIT: Upon the return of the demo saddle package, we will return your deposit minus the $100 fee into your specified New Zealand bank account, which will be waived if you buy a saddle from us within 7 days from the return of the demo saddle package. Please note that the waiving of the demo saddle fee will not be available after this time. Any other charges including cleaning fees, damage fees, late fees and shipping fees will be deducted from your deposit, with any additional fees becoming immediately due.
We ask that you please do not wear dark denim jeans when riding in any of our demo saddles or diamante studded or sticky bum jodhpurs/ breaches or jeans please as they can damage and/or mark the saddle.
Please be aware that we are not a big organisation, as primarily we are also a horse rescue centre, so we don't have heaps of saddles in stock. Therefore, if our demo saddles are already out on a demo, then you will be placed next in line.